- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1 1/4 cups butternut squash purée
- 1/3 cup applesauce (Bramley applesauce has a sharp edge that I like)
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- Before you start, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grind 1 Tb brown flax seeds in a coffee grinder (or use ready-made) until powdery. In a small bowl add the flax and 3 Tb lukewarm water and mix. It will turn into a gel. Set aside.
- In a bowl sieve together and mix the dry ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl add the flax paste and the rest of the wet ingredients and give them a good stir. If the applesauce is not completely smooth, push the apple bits through a fine sieve before using it.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well with a spoon.
- Line the bottom of a 20 cm (8") loose bottom pan with parchment paper and very lightly oil the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it around. Even out the surface with the back of a spoon dipped in water.
- 100 g vegan chocolate (60% cacao)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 Tb coconut milk (the carton type or use homemade)
Enjoy and spread the magic!:)
I put a lot of time, effort and passion into each recipe I post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you made this recipe, please take a minute of your time to leave a comment below. And if you like it, please share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all in advance!