- pulp from 200 g organic hazelnuts (almost 2 cups lightly packed, leftover from making Raw Hazelnut Milk)
- 1 cup soft dates (about 16), pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut powder (not coconut milk powder)
- 2 Tb organic virgin coconut oil (no need to melt it)
- 3/4 - 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut for rolling
I cannot praise these kid-friendly treats highly enough, they are rich, mildly sweet, delicately flavoured and quite addictive. In addition to being very delicious, they have many health benefits thanks to the nutrient-dense coconut, dates and hazelnuts.
- it boosts the metabolism and helps the body burn fat more effectively
- it is great for weight management, promotes heart health and improves thyroid function
- it has no cholesterol
- although high in saturated fats, the larger part of them are medium-chain fatty acids which are absorbed from the small intestine straight into the liver; as a result the body burns calories much faster than it burns calories from other fat sources
- it has a high concentration of lauric acid (almost 50%) which has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antimicrobial properties, and boosts the immune system (breast milk is the only other natural source that contains such a high amount of lauric acid)
- it has healing properties far beyond those of any other dietary oil
- it is an excellent natural face and body moisturizer and is widely used in hair and skin care
- it is great for pets too.
Enjoy these treats and spread the magic!:)
Like this recipe? Share it with your friends and come back for more!:)